- Focused dental examination and dental x-rays in the presence of pain and suffering
- Extractions and/or fillings ONLY to relieve active (not potential or possible) pain and suffering as recommended by a dentist
- Removal of braces or dental hardware, if causing pain, discomfort, or infection.
- Replacement or repair of upper or lower dentures, including partial dentures, only if broken or lost while in U.S. Marshals Service custody (one replacement is authorized, with appropriate documentation)
- Routine dental hygiene for prisoners in the uninterrupted custody of the U.S. Marshals Service for greater than 12 months