Austin, TX – The U.S. Marshals Lone Star Fugitive Task Force arrested a man wanted for capital murder Thursday in the 8600 block of Key North Way in Converse, Texas.
Dominic Nicholson, 42, of San Antonio, was wanted in the Nov. 14 deadly shooting at a 7-Eleven convenience store on 17511 Shultz Lane in Pflugerville, Texas.
The Pflugerville Police Department filed a warrant in Municipal Court on Dec. 19, following an investigation, and requested assistance from the U.S. Marshals Lone Star Fugitive Task Force in Austin to locate and apprehend Nicholson. Members of the task force conducted a fugitive investigation and learned Nicholson may have fled the capital city area and was possibly hiding in the Converse area.
The Austin-based task force immediately requested assistance from their task force members in the San Antonio division to continue search efforts to locate Nicholson.
Members of the Lone Star Fugitive Task Force in San Antonio initiated and conducted surveillance at a known address that was developed through the investigation and later observed Nicholson enter a residence. On Thursday, Dec. 19, task force members and the officers with the Converse Police Department approached and surrounded the residence and arrested Nicholson without further incident.
Nicholson was transported to the Bexar County Jail in San Antonio where he awaits his judicial proceeding on a bond set at $1 million.
Members of the Lone Star Fugitive Task Force in Austin:
- Austin Police Department-Tactical Intelligence Unit
- Buda, Cedar Park, Kyle, Leander, Round Rock, San Marcos Police Department
- Travis, Caldwell, Hays, Williamson and Bastrop County Sheriff's Office
- Texas Attorney General's Office
- Texas Department of Criminal Justice OIG
- Texas Department of Public Safety
- U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security/Homeland Security Investigations
- U.S. Marshals Service