Austin, TX – Members of the U.S. Marshals in the District of Colorado Violent Offender Task Force arrested on Nov. 23 a man who was sought by the Austin Police Department for tampering with physical evidence of a human corpse.
Gavin Mcloud Roberts, 26, is alleged to have knowingly removed a deceased body from an apartment complex in the 3000 block Esperanza Xing on Nov 1. An Austin municipal court issued a warrant for his arrest Nov 18.
The Austin Police Department conducted an investigation and immediately requested assistance from the Lone Star Fugitive Task Force (LSFTF)-Austin Division to locate and apprehend Roberts, who had fled the Austin area and was last observed on video surveillance at a McDonalds in Jarrell, Texas.
The LSFTF initiated a fugitive investigation and learned Roberts had traveled to Thornton, Colorado. A collateral lead was sent to the U.S Marshals Violent Offender Task Force in Colorado, requesting assistance to apprehend Roberts.
In Thornton, the USMS Colorado Violent Offender Task Force located Roberts outside a residence in the 9500 block of Pecos Street and took him into custody. Roberts was transported and booked into the Denver Detention Center where he will await judicial proceedings and extradition back to Texas.
Members of the Lone Star Fugitive Task Force in Austin:
- Austin Police Department-Tactical Intelligence Unit
- Georgetown, Round Rock, San Marcos Police Departments
- Travis, Caldwell, Hays, Williamson, and Bastrop County Sheriff’s Offices
- Texas Attorney General’s Office
- Texas Department of Criminal Justice OIG
- Texas Department of Public Safety
- U.S. Immigration & Customs Enforcement
- U.S. DHS/Homeland Security Investigations