Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.
Skip to main content
Press Release
DOJ us marshals banner

U.S. Marshals Arrest Fugitive Fleeing by Boat

For immediate release

Scott Hilbert, Supervisory Deputy U.S. Marshal

District of Hawaii
(808) 927-0831

Honolulu, HI – U.S. Marshals and U.S. Coast Guard located and arrested 71 year-old Curtiss E. Jackson of Honolulu. Jackson was wanted by the U.S. Marshals on a federal arrest warrant for violating his terms of pretrial release. Jackson was originally arrested on December 24, 2022, for federal charges related to securities fraud, mail fraud, and wire fraud. He was then released on pretrial release pending his trial date.

On January 04, 2023, U.S. Pretrial Services, the federal agency who supervises federal pretrial release defendants, received information Jackson was set to sail from Oahu on his boat, fully fueled, and stocked with cash and enough provisions to sustain himself at sea. Pretrial Service Officers immediately responded to Jackson’s boat at Kewalo Basin to ensure he was following the Judge’s release conditions, however upon arrival officers discovered the slip empty with Jackson and his boat nowhere to be found. As a result, a federal warrant was issued for his arrest and Jackson classified a fugitive. 

U.S. Marshals using information received from Pretrial Services, requested support from the U.S. Coast Guard Investigative Service and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's (NOAA) Office of Law Enforcement to aid in the search for Jackson’s boat and water borne law enforcement assets. A BOLO (Be On The Lookout) was issued statewide for Jackson’s boat and U.S. Coast Guard water and air resources were deployed to aid in the search. 

This morning at approximately 2:00 am, Coast Guard notified U.S. Marshals they received information Jackson was attempting to redock on Oahu to seek aid from a crew for issues with his boat; Jackson subsequently sailed back out to sea. U.S. Marshals then coordinated with Coast Guard in a joint operation in attempt to located Jackson’s boat and arrest him at sea. At approximately 7:30 am, U.S. Marshals and Coast Guard arrested Jackson on his boat located off the coast of Barber’s Point. Jackson and his boat were returned to Oahu without incident.

Jackson was transported and booked into the Federal Detention Center Honolulu pending court appearance and further hearings. 

The successful apprehension of Jackson is credited to the combined efforts of the U.S. Coast Guard, the NOAA, and the Harbor Police department. 

Additional information about the U.S. Marshals Service can be found at


America’s First Federal Law Enforcement Agency