San Antonio, TX – Darrell Morgan Watts was arrested yesterday by members of the Lone Star Fugitive Task Force (LSFTF) on three outstanding warrants involving aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon, aggravated kidnapping and felon in possession of a firearm.
Watts, 22, was wanted by the Harris County Sheriff's Office (HCSO) after warrants were issued for his arrest in December. Watts allegedly carjacked the owner of a vehicle at gunpoint and forced him to withdraw money from an ATM machine before fleeing in a stolen car. Tips from the public quickly poured in stating that Watts fled to San Antonio. The Gulf Coast Violent Offenders Task Force (GCVOTF) in Houston contacted the LSFTF to assist in locating and apprehending Watts. Yesterday, task force officers located Watts in the 8200 block of FM78. Watts was arrested without incident and is currently being held in custody at the Bexar County Jail awaiting extradition to Houston.
"When violent crimes are committed, we’re expected to make arrests," said U.S. Marshal Susan Pamerleau. "Our task force officers worked together to track down Watts so he couldn't put anyone else in danger."
Members of the Lone Star Fugitive Task Force (San Antonio):
- New Braunfels Police Department
- Bexar County Sheriff's Office
- Bexar County District Attorney’s Office
- Texas Office of the Attorney General
- Texas Department of Public Safety
- Texas Department of Criminal Justice – Office of the Inspector General
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement – Office of Detention and Removal
- U.S. Marshals Service