San Antonio, TX – Fidel Lawrence Rodriguez was captured today by members of the Lone Star Fugitive Task Force (LSFTF) after his escape from prison.
Rodriguez, 44, was wanted by the United States Marshals Service after he escaped from the Federal Correctional Institution in Three Rivers, Texas more than a month ago. He was discovered missing after an unannounced inmate count was conducted at the prison. Rodriguez was serving at 10-year prison sentence after pleading guilty to the charge of possession with the intent to distribute methamphetamine.
Through continued investigative efforts and assistance from the San Antonio Police Department's High Intensity Drug Traffic Areas (HIDTA) unit, task force officers located Rodriguez at a motel in the 100 block of Kenley Place in San Antonio. Rodriguez was arrested at the scene and in possession of a loaded firearm, cocaine and methamphetamine.
"I'm thankful that another arrest was made without any casualties," said U.S. Marshal Susan Pamerleau. "Our deputies and task force officers continue to face unforeseen dangers and put their lives on the line to serve justice, even during a time such as this."
Members of the Lone Star Fugitive Task Force (San Antonio):
- New Braunfels Police Department
- Bexar County Sheriff's Office
- Bexar County District Attorney’s Office
- Texas Office of the Attorney General
- Texas Department of Public Safety
- Texas Department of Criminal Justice – Office of the Inspector General
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement – Office of Detention and Removal
- U.S. Marshals Service