San Antonio, TX – Juan Antonio Reyes was arrested by the U.S. Marshals Service Lone Star Fugitive Task Force (LSFTF) this evening on charges involving capital murder.
Reyes, 24, was wanted by the San Antonio Police Department (SAPD) after a warrant was issued for his arrest yesterday. Reports stated that Reyes allegedly shot and killed 2 victims in their home, then set their home on fire.
After a thorough, but expeditious investigation, Deputy U.S. Marshals (DUSMs) and Task Force Officers (TFOs) with the LSFTF tracked down Reyes to a motel located in the 1400 block of Culebra Road. Reyes was arrested and taken into custody without incident. He is currently being held in custody at the Bexar County Jail.
“Our deputies and task force officers executed the search for Reyes without delay and wasted no time tracking him down,” said U.S. Marshal Susan Pamerleau. “A heinous crime such as this requires immediate action and apprehension is essential to prevent additional losses.”
Members of the Lone Star Fugitive Task Force (San Antonio):
- New Braunfels Police Department
- Bexar County Sheriff’s Office
- Bexar County District Attorney’s Office
- Texas Office of the Attorney General
- Texas Department of Public Safety
- Texas Department of Criminal Justice – Office of the Inspector General
- Immigration & Customs Enforcement – Office of Detention & Removal
- U.S. Marshals Service