Eastern District of Tennessee
GENERAL: United States Marshal Service is responsible for obtaining adequate detention space to house USMS prisoners in their districts. Detention facilities the USMS uses must meet DOJ detention standards and minimum conditions of confinement. These conditions are as follows:
1. Staff is on duty 24 hours a day to supervise prisoners.
2. Three adequate meals a day are provided to prisoners.
3. Adequate emergency medical coverage is available 24 hours a day.
4. Adequate fire and other emergency plans and procedures are followed.
5. There is adequate security.
6. Adequate sanitation and hygiene services are available.
7. An adequate suicide prevention policy is in place.8. There is adequate access to prescription drugs.
The following local detention facilities are utilized in the Eastern District of Tennessee to house federal defendants that are awaiting trial or movement to another facility.
Federal Bureau of Prisons
Federal Prison procedures and general information can be reviewed at www.bop.gov.