Eastern District of Michigan
The United States Marshals Service (USMS), Eastern District of Michigan currently uses a number of Local Detention Facilities to house federal pre-trial detainees (See List Below). The USMS does not disclose any personal information, court docket calendars or details of arrest regarding any prisoner, other than to verify federal custody. Family visits are not permitted at any USMS Office location. For information on visiting an inmate or for jail policies regarding inmate property, please contact the Local Detention Facility or the Attorney representing the inmate.
Local Detention Facility Directory:
Information about the Federal Detention Center at Milan, Michigan or any other Federal Bureau of Prisons Facility can be obtained at http://www.bop.gov
GENERAL: United States Marshal Service is responsible for obtaining adequate detention space to house USMS prisoners in their districts. Detention facilities the USMS uses must meet DOJ detention standards and minimum conditions of confinement. These conditions are as follows:
1. Staff is on duty 24 hours a day to supervise prisoners.
2. Three adequate meals a day are provided to prisoners.
3. Adequate emergency medical coverage is available 24 hours a day.
4. Adequate fire and other emergency plans and procedures are followed.
5. There is adequate security.
6. Adequate sanitation and hygiene services are available.
7. An adequate suicide prevention policy is in place.
8. There is adequate access to prescription drugs.
Federal Prison procedures and general information can be reviewed at www.bop.gov.