Northern District of Florida
GENERAL: United States Marshal Service is responsible for obtaining adequate detention space to house USMS prisoners in their districts. Detention facilities the USMS uses must meet DOJ detention standards and minimum conditions of confinement. These conditions are as follows:
1. Staff is on duty 24 hours a day to supervise prisoners.
2. Three adequate meals a day are provided to prisoners.
3. Adequate emergency medical coverage is available 24 hours a day.
4. Adequate fire and other emergency plans and procedures are followed.
5. There is adequate security.
6. Adequate sanitation and hygiene services are available.
7. An adequate suicide prevention policy is in place.
8. There is adequate access to prescription drugs.
The following Federal Prisons are located near or within the Northern District of Florida.
Designated Federal Prison(s) within the Tallahassee Area:
Bureau of Prisons - Federal Detention Center Tallahassee 501 Capital Circle, N.E. Tallahassee, FL 32301
Bureau of Prisons - Federal Correctional Institution Tallahassee 501 Capital Circle, N.E.
Tallahassee, FL 32301
Federal Prison procedures and general information can be reviewed at www.bop.gov.