Eastern District of Arkansas
The United States Marshals Service is responsible
for obtaining adequate detention space to house United States
Marshals Service prisoners in their districts. Detention
facilities the United States Marshals Service uses must meet
Department Of Justice detention standards and minimum conditions
of confinement. These conditions are as follows:
1. Staff is on duty 24 hours a day to
2. Three adequate meals a day are
provided to prisoners.
3. Adequate emergency medical coverage is
available 24 hours a day.
4. Adequate fire and other emergency
plans and procedures are followed.
5. There is adequate security.
6. Adequate sanitation and hygiene
services are available.
7. An adequate suicide prevention policy
is in place.
8. There is adequate access to
The following Federal Prisons are located near or
within the Eastern District of Arkansas:
FCI Forrest City, Arkansas
FCI Memphis, Tennessee
FCI Texarkana, Texas
(All of the above facilities are male
The following local detention facilities are
utilized in the Eastern District of Arkansas to house federal
defendants that are awaiting trial or movement to another
- Pulaski County Regional
Detention Facility, Little Rock, Arkansas;;
- Faulkner County Detention Facility, Conway, Arkansas;
- Van Buren County Detention Facility, Clinton, Arkansas;
- Craighead County Detention Facility, Jonesboro, Arkansas;
Detention Facility, Fordyce, Arkansas;
County Detention Facility, Pine Bluff, Arkansas;
Detention Facility, Sheridan, Arkansas
The United States Marshals Service cannot and will
not disclose any personal information, court scheduling, or arrest
information of an inmate other than to verify the inmate is in
federal custody. Family visits are not permitted at the U.S.
Marshals Office. For information on visiting an inmate or bringing
anything to an inmate, please call the local facility where the
inmate is being held or the attorney representing the inmate.