TX – Derrick Mascus, 23, of Minneapolis, Minnesota was arrested by the Lone
Star Fugitive Task Force this afternoon without incident in north Austin. Mascus recently arrived to the Austin area after Minneapolis authorities
charged Mascus with 1st and 3rd Degree Sexual Assault.
According to Minneapolis officials, Mascus is alleged by criminal complaint
in July of 2012 to have engaged in sexual assault causing personal injury to
the victim. The assault took place near Lake Harriet in Minneapolis. The
Minnesota based fugitive task force determined through their local
investigation that Mascus was in Austin.
The Lone Star Fugitive Task Force initiated surveillance at a location in
north Austin and were able to quickly arrest Mascus without incident.
Mascus was remanded to the custody of the Travis County Sheriff pending his
extradition to Hennepin County, Minnesota in Minneapolis.
Robert R. Almonte, United States Marshal for the Western District of Texas
states, “The Lone Star Fugitive Task Force will continue to seek out and
apprehend those that commit senseless crimes.”
Members of the Lone Star Fugitive Task Force in Austin –
- Austin Police Department-Criminal Apprehension Team
- Buda Police Department
- Cedar Park Police Department
- Kyle Police Department
- San Marcos Police Department
- Travis County Sheriff’s Office
- Williamson, Caldwell, Hays and Bastrop County Sheriff’s Office
- Williamson County DA’s Office, Constable’s Office
- Texas Attorney General’s Office
- Texas Department of Criminal Justice OIG
- Texas Department of Public Safety
- U.S. Marshals Service
information about the U.S. Marshals Service can be found at
America’s Oldest Federal Law