Western District of Washington
Prisoners in USMS custody may retain the following types of Property while detained in a contract detention facility or a Federal institution:
1. Legal papers or materials. These materials should be relevant to the current or draft court proceedings.2. Religious medals. One medal may be retained only if it is of a size and weight which poses no threat as a potential weapon or escape device.
3. Eye glasses or contract lenses, with case.
4. Prescribed medicine and health items. (Will be provided by the contract jail facility.)5. Up to fifty dollars in U.S. currency. (Placed in commissary account by family member/friends after defendant is processed into the federal/state and county facility).
6. Wedding band. Rings with stones are not authorized. No rings other than a plain wedding band are permitted.Court Clothing
1. One set of court clothing will be allowed. Court clothes will be brought to the United States Marshal's Office at least one hour prior to the scheduled jury trial. No civilian clothes are authorized for any other court procedures. No metal tie clips or any other jewelry will be permitted.
2. Family members or assigned attorneys are responsible to pickup all clothes after the court hearing. Excess prisoner property will be disposed of in accordance with Marshals Service Policy.