District of New Hampshire
United States Marshal
Service is responsible for obtaining adequate detention space to house USMS
prisoners in their districts. Detention facilities the USMS uses must meet DOJ
detention standards and minimum conditions of confinement. These conditions are as follows:
- Staff is on duty 24 hours a day to supervise prisoners.
- Three adequate meals a day are provided to prisoners.
- Adequate emergency medical coverage is available 24 hours a day.
- Adequate fire and other emergency plans and procedures are followed.
- There is adequate security.
- Adequate sanitation and hygiene services are available.
- An adequate suicide prevention policy is in place.
- There is adequate access to prescription drugs.
The following Federal Prisons are
located near or within the District of New Hampshire.Federal Pretrial Facility
Belknap County Department of Corrections
76 County Drive
Laconia, NH 03246
Carroll County Department of Corrections
50 County Farm Road
Ossipee, NH 03864
Cheshire County Department of Corrections
825 Marlboro Road
Keene, NH 03431
Coos County Department of Corrections
136 County Farm Road
West Stewartstown, NH 03597
Essex County Correctional Facility
20 Manning Avenue
Middleton, MA 01949
Grafton County Department of Corrections
3787 Dartmouth College Hwy
North Haverhill, NH 03774
Merrimack County Department of Corrections
314 Daniel Webster Hwy
Boscawen, NH 03303
NH State Prison for Men – Special Housing Unit
281 North State Street
Concord, NH 03302
Strafford County Department of Corrections
266 County Farm Road
Dover, NH 03820
procedures and general information can be reviewed at