GENERAL: The United States Marshals Service is responsible for
obtaining adequate detention space to house USMS prisoners in their
districts. Detention facilities the USMS uses must meet DOJ detention
standards and minimum conditions of confinement. These conditions are as
1. Staff is on duty 24 hours a day to supervise prisoners.
2. Three adequate meals a day are provided to prisoners.
3. Adequate emergency medical coverage is available 24 hours
4. Adequate fire and other emergency plans and procedures
5. There is adequate security.
6. Adequate sanitation and hygiene services are available.
7. An adequate suicide prevention policy is in place.
8. There is adequate access to prescription of drugs.
The following local detention facilities are utilized in the District of
Idaho to house federal defendants that are awaiting trial or movement to